Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Writing About Online Deals and Sales

So, as anyone who's actually read this blog knows, I'm working diligently on finding ways of getting back into the writing game.  I'm looking for all kinds of things to write about, no matter how silly they may seem.  I've even thought about getting into an area I'm not too proud of...writing erotica.  Don't laugh, I didn't do it and I'm not so sure I could even if I did decide to do so.  My father would turn over in his grave.

A couple weeks ago I finally found a flash drive I'd thought I'd lost that had almost 10 years worth of my writings on it.  I grabbed that drive yesterday and started going through some of the things I'd written.  I'd forgotten just how much was really on that drive until yesterday.  I opened one of the folders to find it filled with several other folders, which had even more folders in them.  I just sat there kind of shocked.  But, one of the folders I'd found struck me like a lightening bolt. 

I used to write for a guy who became a really good friend of mine, Garry Conn.  He taught me a lot about writing online and how to make money blogging.  If it wasn't for Garry, I'd never had gained as much as I did back in the day.

Anyway, some of the posts I'd written, had to do with writing about online deals, online sales, and that type of thing.  It was pretty easy work and once I got the hang of it, I was pumping out regular articles for like 3 different blogs each week.  So, what does a girl who's looking to get back into the game do when she's backed up against the proverbial writer's blocked wall?  She starts another blog and calls it Online Deals and Sales

I've created this blog for two different reasons.  First and foremost, to see if I can start making money blogging again.  I mean, after all, isn't that part of the reason we write online.  Not the only reason, but one of the reasons.  The other reason I started this blog was to get back into writing and making myself practice.  If I can get back into a regular blogging ritual again, it won't be long before I'm finding myself as a real force in this world once again.  Okay, maybe it will be a force of one, but a force none-the-less.

I do have another blog out there that I'd planned on doing the same thing with, and if I can make this work, I might just get it going again.  It has to do with the world of collecting and the things we all collect.  No, not dust bunnies.  I have some cool ideas for that site, but I'm just now getting to the point where the thought of writing doesn't cause me to freeze up and curl up into the fetal position anymore.

The new site still has a ton of work to be done to it, but I'm pretty excited about it.  I've spent a lot of years following all the mommy bloggers, deal bloggers, and online sale sites out there for my own personal use.  Now it's time to put that to good use.  Wish me luck, kids.  I'm going to need it. 

Happy writing my babies.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment