Thursday, January 30, 2014

One Step At A Time

I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of writing so I'm going to try something I did a few years back. I'm going to free write. It's just a way of getting myself back into the rhythm of putting words to paper.  I used to do daily free writes but got out of the habit when I started writing online for money. I didn't need to practice everyday as I was writing anyway.

I felt rather euphoric after yesterday's post. Even though it more of a "poor me" post, I still felt like I'd accomplished something. I haven't felt like that in quite some time. I was beginning to think I just didn't have anything left in me as a writer.  Then, after my burst of inspiration the other night, I'm finding that this urge is getting stronger in me. I'm glad cause it means I'm not totally dead inside.

Then something else cool happened to me. I learned how to copy and paste on my Kindle. That might not seem like much but it meant loads to me. Now I can write stuff out on my little puter and post it like I did on my big computer and laptop. Score one more for me.

I still don't know which direction I'm going but I will take my husband's advice and not put the horse before the cart. One step at a time, Chris. Let's get out writer's mind moving again then see where we go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment