Monday, June 11, 2018

Taking a Leap of Faith

Photo by Denys Nevozhai on Unsplash

The one thing I try to remember is that every aspect of my writing is a leap of faith. Honestly, every time I get ready to hit the publish key, my insides turn to Jello. I know there's no one out there who's really going to criticize what I write, but there's always that chance.

I've gone and done something that I'm already starting to regret, but I had to do it for my own piece of mind. Over at Medium.com, I've created a newsletter entitled Promptly Inspired. It's a weekly newsletter of writing prompts for fiction and non-fiction writers alike. I don't know how well it will be received, but I've got to try something to keep myself going.

I almost didn't do the writing prompt thing over there as there are a lot of well-established publications on the site that offer up writing prompts to their subscribers, and they're very good. Even though I used to publish writing prompts to hundreds of subscribers myself, I now felt like I was doing something wrong. Like I was stepping on someone else's toes. But one of the writers on the site told me to go for it and I did.

I just have to keep pushing myself. It's no longer a want to do this, it's now a need. I need to get back into the writing game. I need to keep myself moving in a forward motion. I need to do this and quit coming up with excuses. I need to take this leap of faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment