Monday, August 5, 2013

Free Write 8-5-13

I used to write for a site called Gather.com, but for some reason they just fell off the face of the cyber-world.  One of the groups I belonged to had a daily freewrite session where a person could write about just about anything they wanted to as long as it was done in a certain way.  It was supposed to a solid 10 minute writing session without stopping to do any corrections.  The problem is that I have too bad a case of OCD to not stop and fix things, but I still did the writing part.

I think that's one of the reasons I can't seem to write anymore is that I'm not doing any free writing.  It actually relaxes the mind and allows ideas to flow a little more free.  There's no right or wrong topics to write about, as long as you're allowing the brain to do all the work.

Once you've allowed your brain to relax, it's a little easier to let the ideas come to the surface.  I have so many of them that they tend to get mixed in together.  That's not always a bad thing, but it's rarely a good thing.

By doing a freewrite at least once a day, I'll be able to start getting my thoughts back in order and getting my writing skills back to where they should be.  It's going to take some time, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment