Thursday, August 8, 2013

Love my job

One of the main reasons I don't write like I used to is that I have one of those real world jobs.  And ironically, I love it.  I work for Joann' Fabrics and really do love it.  I'm kind of a crafty type person, though not real good at any of the crafts I do.  I have a horrible fabric addiction and working in a fabric store is like letting a crack head work in a pharmacy.

I've been there about a year and a half now, and am a key holder.  It's not exactly management, but it does mean I have a little more clout than most others.  I'm the freight coordinator which means all the packages that come in from UPS and Fed Ex are my responsibility.  It also means I get to see what comes in before anyone else, including the manager.  Kinda cool.  The only thing that bugs me is that we're already getting in our Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff.  Too early if you ask me, but it is what it is.  That's the retail biz.

I think it's important to work in an industry you actually like.  I know a lot of people hate their jobs, but everything is what you make of it.  There are days I'd just as leave not go to work, but that don't pay the bills.  It's much easier to just grin and bear it and be thankful that you have a job.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment