Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Early Birthday Present

I have to give a big thank you to my awesome daughter for getting me an early birthday present.  She really didn't have much of a choice, but I appreciate it anyway.  She got me another Kindle.  She didn't have much choice as she broke my other one, but I never told her she had to replace it.  She did that all on her own and I'm happy, happy, happy.

The one I had I'd won in an online contest.  It was probably the coolest thing I'd ever won and it helped me make a very awesome friend.  I'd entered the contest to promote Andrew E. Kaufman's first book, While the Savage Sleeps (still my favorite book of all time).  What was really cool is that he and I actually became friends online.  He's not just a hell of a talented writer, he's a very down to Earth kind of guy.

When my daughter moved out on her own, she'd accidentally taken my Kindle with her.  I told her I couldn't find it and thought she had it, but she couldn't find it either.  When she did finally find it, it was smashed.  She cried harder than I did, and that's why she got me a new one.  I'm all happy again.  I didn't know how much I used it until I didn't have it anymore.  Someday I hope to have one of the bigger ones, but for now I'm happy with the little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment