Saturday, August 10, 2013

OMG I found a Dragon Writer

In my previous life as an online writer, one of the things I did was to offer writing prompts for my fellow writers.  I loved it and I really miss it sometimes.  I had a site called The Prompt Writer but because of personal issues and lack of funds, I lost the site and all the prompts I'd had on it.  Like 7 years worth of prompts.  I was really pissed about it, but at the same time I took it to mean it was time to move on to something else.

I wanted to get something posted here tonight so I went in search of some new writing prompts.  I might be one to write them, but I'm also one who uses them to get myself writing.  As I started to search, I ran across a site called Dragon Writing Prompts.  Well of course I had to check it out and was happy with what I found.  It's not just a site filled with writing prompts, it's a site that also talks about some of the techniques that can be used to improve your writing.  Yep, I had to go check it out.

I noticed that the site had been going since 2004 which is about the same time I started The Prompt Writer.  Kinda freaked me out that I'd never heard of the site before, but that's okay, I found it now when I needed it most.  I also noticed that the site owner, Joyce Fetteroll, hadn't been posting as much this past year as she had in the past.  I was lucky enough, however, to jump into her site just as she's starting to get back into it.  Keep it up my writing friend, I need your inspiration.

The best part about this site is that Joyce doesn't just offer written prompts, but she also offers visual prompts, stuff she finds on sites such as Facebook, and off the wall little sayings that make you really stop and think about writing something around it.

I totally loved this site and now if you'll excuse me, I've got like 10 years worth of stuff of hers to go through in search of something to write about because I must write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment