Sunday, August 4, 2013

No More Procrastinating

Yep, I just put together another blog.  Like I really need another one, but this one is hopefully going to pull me out of my writing funk, hence the name.

I'm coming up on 2 years of not writing at all and I'm starting to think maybe it's over for real.  But then I have days where I feel as though if I don't write something the voices in my head are all going to mutiny on me and that might not be a good thing.

Over the last couple years I've come up with several ideas to get myself writing again, but none of them seemed to work.  The problem, I think, is that each idea was too restrictive.  I put together a site just to post about the many contest sites I entered, but that didn't work as I didn't have the time to do as many as I used to.  I put together a site just about collecting things but I can't seem to get the brain to work in the way I'd like it to.  I'm still going to work that one, but it's going to take some work.

I've tried to revive a couple of the sites I worked back before, but they seem stale and I can't seem to find my voice over there either.  So I'm hoping this is what it's going to take.  A place where I can do a little of everything.  I can write my stories, add a few rants, and just talk about the things I find interesting or uninteresting.  This is my site!  A place where I can write just for the sake of writing.  Because I'm starting to think if I don't start writing again, I may just go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment